Cascade Systems Technology is always on the lookout for talented individuals with experience in all aspects of electronic contract manufacturing. Our team is comprised of several departments such as box build manufacturing, test, PCB assembly, surface mount and many more, all with considerable talent and skill.
We pride ourselves on hiring and retaining employees and producing top-of-the-line electronic products.
Join the CST Team
Please check out the following open position(s):
SMT Machine Operator (Full-Time)
This position is responsible for setting up and running the Surface Mount Machines according to the documentation pack. All work submitted to QC must be in accordance with IPC-610 Class 2 standards unless otherwise specified.
o Ensure receipt of proper documentation prior to starting work.
o Perform kit audits.
o Operate Pick and Place equipment in production mode.
o Set up and operate screen printers.
o Verify feeder setup and load feeders.
o Complete all SMT paperwork as required.
o Test and record ESD check as required.
o Follow weekly build/ship and production schedule for the department via immediate supervisor/team lead and inform immediate supervisor/team lead if schedule will not be met.
o Ensure receipt of proper documentation and make sure you have a strong understanding of work prior to starting. Review areas of concern with supervisor/lead prior to performing work.
o Ensure that SMT machines are operating and performing appropriately and check for shortages. Inform supervisor immediately if there are any problems with machines.
o Communicate any quality issues to immediate supervisor/team lead within fifteen (15) minutes of finding.
o Communicate any documentation discrepancies to immediate supervisor.
o Ensure your production area is clean and maintained.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Act as a member of the Surface Mount team and attend and actively participate in production shipping white board meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Follow chemical, MSDS and ESD procedures.
- Must follow all safety requirements, promptly report safety accidents and illnesses, and report potential safety issues, concerns and situations to supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) years established work experience, preferably in a manufacturing or computer component environment.
- Good communication skills and ability to establish and maintain positive and effective communications with other team members, customers, vendors and other third parties.
- Good oral communication skills.
- Must be able to read and comprehend assembly and build instructions and other written material.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Must be able to learn and work with LEAN working methods and processes.
- Ability to identify all components and component part numbers.
- Must comply with standards set by International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and be free from federal warrants and must not be on any Federal watch list.
- Ability to learn and follow ISO 9000 process.
- Familiar with and ability to use MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and ability to learn and utilize other Company software.
- Ability to program Pick and Place machines is desirable.
- Frequent walking and sitting, standing for long periods of time.
- Occasional stooping or crouching.
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 10 pounds.
- Frequent use of hands and repetitive motion tasks.
- Must be able to work at computer or workstation for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to see and accurately delineate between various colors.
- Ability to see and identify very small computer components.